The reporter reported coldly Starting from March 26, Serie A, the Premier League, and the Bundesliga have officially announced that June 1-10 will become the "Club World Cup transfer window", and other leagues will unsurprisingly approve this temporary transfer window for the Club World Cup. FIFA hopes this will create an opportunity for many superstars who are unable to participate in the Club World Cup.
At the same time, whether Ronaldo will seize the opportunity of this "exclusive transfer window" to fulfill his dream of participating in the 32-team version of the Club World Cup for the first and last time has recently become the focus of mainstream sports media in Europe.
Cristiano Ronaldo's Riyadh Victory failed to qualify for the Club World Cup, but the Portuguese superstar is keen to participate in the tournament. Since the official announcement of the "Club World Cup transfer window" in several major leagues last week, rumors that Ronaldo may leave Riyadh Victory in early June and transfer to other teams for the Club World Cup have been pouring in. The targets of scandals range from Manchester City and Chelsea in the Premier League, to Real Madrid and Inter Milan, and even Riyadh Crescent, the sworn rival of Riyadh Victory. The most outrageous rumor is that Ronaldo has joined Inter Miami for the first time with his lifelong rival Lionel Messi.
Cristiano Ronaldo has become the superstar most eager to "absorb" in the Club World Cup transfer window, and FIFA also hopes that the Portuguese can lead this trend and let more stars who were originally unable to participate in the Club World Cup join it to jointly increase the popularity and influence of the Club World Cup.
Of course, rumors are just rumors after all, and Italian transfer expert Romano even had to come forward to refute the rumors, emphasizing that Ronaldo's joining Inter Miami and becoming teammates with Messi is outright fake news. But what about other rumors?
Spain's Marca newspaper revealed that Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Riyadh Crescent are all interested in Cristiano Ronaldo, while Sky Sports believes that Manchester City and Chelsea are interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo for the Club World Cup on a short-term basis. It's just that Ronaldo and Riyadh Victory are currently in a critical period of contract renewal negotiations, and everything has not yet been decided whether the so-called "Club World Cup transfer" is temporary or permanent.
Saudi media revealed: Riyadh Victory has prepared a one-year contract extension for Ronaldo, with an annual salary of 200 million euros, and another 60 million euros of image rights income. Ronaldo has not said anything for the time being, but prefers to complete the contract, so that Ronaldo can regard the World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico as the end of his career.
However, at present, the two sides still hope to wait until the end of the season to consider the progress of the contract renewal, and the short-term transfer for the Club World Cup will also be an important condition for Ronaldo's contract renewal.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been with Riyadh Victory for more than two years and has never won an official trophy. With nine rounds left in the Saudi league, Riyadh Victory is 10 points behind Jeddah United at the top of the table, and there is little hope of winning the title. But in Thursday's league derby against Riyadh Crescent, Ronaldo still wants to use the victory to give his team hope. The most important stage is the AFC Champions League final at the end of April, which is the last tournament to be crowned by Riyadh Victory this season.
So back to the short-term transfer for the Club World Cup, the main obstacle that prevents Ronaldo from jumping ship in the "Club World Cup transfer window" is his sky-high annual salary. The Italian media bluntly said that Ronaldo does not belong to Serie A, because no club will pay a sky-high annual salary of 17 million euros for Ronaldo only one month to join. Real Madrid already has Mbappe, who broke Ronaldo's goal record in his first season, and Ronaldo is not a "just need" during the Club World Cup. The most realistic is the Riyadh Crescent, although it is the sworn enemy of Riyadh Victory, but because it belongs to the same owner (Saudi Public Fund), there is no obstacle to loan or even transfer. Cristiano Ronaldo is the image ambassador of Saudi Arabia's bid to host the 2034 World Cup, and for the Saudi royal family, Ronaldo's participation in the Club World Cup to expand Saudi Arabia's influence is the primary appeal, and which team he represents is secondary.
FIFA is also happy to see this happen, and will also see Ronaldo as a trendsetter. After all, stars such as Salah and Fernandes have expressed interest in participating in the Club World Cup. In addition to Riyadh Crescent, the owners behind Chelsea, Paris and Manchester City are all looking to maximise their club's exposure during the Club World Cup. With FIFA's support, Ronaldo's participation in the Club World Cup may not be a matter of whether he can or not, but just whether he wants to.